Monday, May 19, 2008

First Time Blogger

I am not really sure how this all works, but I am giving it a try.

AAAAHHH, the last few days of school. A child's dream, a mother's nightmare(HA). Abbey says it was the BEST day of school for her because she had a Teddy Bear Picnic at the park today with her class. Complete with Teddy Bears,Lunch, and the story about the Teddy Bear Picnic. It is fun to her point of view, so innocent still.

Nathan had to write a report about a famous American, he presented it today. He was given the opportunity to choose and chose Ronald Reagan. Nathan has always admired Ronald Reagan and he did a good job. He had to dress up as the famous person, so he wore his Sunday clothes,and he borrowed his Dad's Cowboy hat. The kids in his class didn't really understand who Ronald Reagan even was, but Nathan is a bigger fan now than ever. I was proud of the depth of character Nathan has in that he didn't choose a movie star or a sports star but someone who was a true American.

Ashley is going to spend a month at Julie's house and she is sooooo excited. She is driving us all crazy with her excitement. She writes " CALIFORNIA" on every piece of paper, including napkins or paper plates. She is constantly making lists for herself what she should pack, what she should wear, when she should start packing, etc. I hope Dan is ready for all of this. Julie and Ashley are two peas in a pod. Two peas in a pod, with two bees in their bonnets will make for an interesting few weeks at the Holland home. We will miss Ashley, but we know this will be a once in a lifetime opportunity for her to spread her wings a little and see another part of our country. Ashley earned every penny to buy her ticket and we are proud of her for setting a goal and acheiving it.

Lindsey is 15 1/2 now and is chomping at the bit to get her driving permit. I don't really believe that we are old enough to have children old enough to drive. I remember when I was old enough, and man my parents were old. I don't know what we were thinking, letting her grow up!! Anyway she is starting up Marching Band and is totally consumed by it. This is great because then she is so occupied that she has no time for anything else, not even American Idol! Gasp!

Last but not least we have our Maggey. She is in 2nd grade and is a joy to have in our home. Today after school I let the kids slip-n-slid, I was the BEST MOM EVER! I can't believe that she will be going to 3rd grade. It seems like they mature so fast once they are in 3rd grade, I will be sad to see the sweet little girl Maggey grow up.

Last but not least we do have a new member of the Nicholes Family. I know what you are all thinking and it is nothing like that. We have adopted a cat. I know don't pass out. Me the anti animal person, I have allowed my kids to get a cat. His name is Max and he is really pretty cute. He is black with a white "tuxedo" markings, with a white tipped tail and white feet. The kids have had a blast with him, but now that it is time to clean out the litter box, well no one is fighting for that job. Lindsey is especially enjoying the opportunity to have an animal around.

I will post some pictures, when I figure out how to actually do it. (I will probably need Ashley or Lindsey to help me) See how old I am!......

No comments: